The State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ) was a major Indian bank. It has come into existence in 1963 when two banks, namely, State Bank of Bikaner and State Bank of Jaipur were merged. Both these banks were subsidiaries of the State Bank of India. The State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur also Provides Education Loan Scheme aims to offer financial support to meritorious students, helping them to pursue higher education in India and abroad. If you too want Education Loan to complete your education or pursue higher studies from India/Abroad, You are at the right place to collect every aspect of information related to Educational Loan in India.
Read this full post on State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur Education Loan for information Like Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Different aspects of Educational Loan, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions etc. Throughout the article, we will share information regarding SBBJ Educational Loan it’s Process to Apply and full detailed Information.
SBBJ Education Loan
The major aim of the bank is to ensure anywhere and any time banking for the customer with the latest state-of-the-art technology. The Bank is very serious about its Education Loan Facility and by developing an effective customer-centric relationship it promises to emerge as a world-class education Loan provider. Before we share further, let us first have a brief review of the Bank.
|Name of Bank||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ)|
|Type of Bank||Nationalised Bank|
|Number of Employees||12,831|
|Maximum Loan Amount||Rs. 30.0 Lacs|
|Timeline for Loan Disposal||Maximum 15 Working days|
|Processing Fees||No Processing Fee will be charged|
|Category||Education Loan in India|
Types of SBBJ Student Loan
As the State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur is merged with State Bank of India in 2015, So the schemes specified below are taken from official website of State bank of India.
|1.||Scholar Loan||This loan is available for courses at select leading institutions in India like IITs, IIMs, NITs, AIIMS and other premier institutions. One can avail a loan up to Rs. 30 lakh.|
|2.||Global Ed-Vantage||This loan is exclusively for full-time regular courses at foreign colleges and universities. One can avail a loan from Rs. 20 lakh up to Rs. 1.5 crores.|
|3.||Student Loan||This loan is for pursuing higher education in India or abroad. One can avail a loan amount up to Rs. 10 lakh for studies in India and Rs. 20 lakh for studies abroad.|
|4.||Skill loan||SBI Skill Loan Scheme aims at providing a loan facility to individuals. who intend to take up skill development courses as per the Skilling Loan Eligibility Criteria. One can avail a loan amount from Rs 5000 to Rs 1.5 lac|
|5.||Take Over of Educational Loan||With this loan, you can switch your existing high-cost education loan to SBI and reduce your monthly EMIs (Equated Monthly Instalments).|
How to Apply
- Visit official Web Site of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (Click Here)
- Find the Educational Loan Section Apply Now Button
- Fill online Application Form
- Visit the nearest branch of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur to get offline Education Loan form.
- You may also download the form from official web handle.
- Submit the Application Form to Nearest Branch along with document needed.
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- Applicant must have secured admission in a government recognized educational institution in India or abroad through Entrance Exam.
- Proof of Identity of Applicant and Joint Borrower
- Proof of Address
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination for school and graduate studies in India
- Academic Records: 10th Result, 12th Result, Graduation result-semester Wise (if Possible) Entrance Exam Result through which admission is being taken
- Proof of admission: Offer Letter or Admission Letter from the Institution.
- Schedule of expenses for the course.
- Copies of the letter confirming scholarship, etc.
- Copies of foreign exchange permit, if applicable.
- Two passport size photographs.
- identity proof and address proof Document.
- Statement of Bank accounts for the last six months of the borrower.
- Income tax assessment order not more than 2 years old.
- A brief statement of assets and liabilities of the borrower.
- property documents offered as security (if applicable).
- Tuition and course fee.
- Hostel fee.
- Examination, library and laboratory fees
- Caution deposit, Building fund, refundable deposits
- Cost of books, Uniforms, Equipment and other instruments.
- Travel Expenses
- Other expenses required to complete the course like trips, projects and thesis.
- Purchase of computers required for completion of the course.
- If applicable, Insurance premium for student borrower.
- In the case of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur Education loan, repayment will start after the completion of course period + 1 Year (moratorium period) or from 6 months after securing the job, whichever is earlier.
- Repayment can be made up to a Maximum of 15 years.
EMI Calculator is used for calculating the periodic payment amount due on a loan. For calculating EMI one must input data like Amount, Interest Rate, tenure, Processing Fee etc.
- If you want to calculate EMI for State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur Educational Loan: Click Here
- Up to Rs. 4 Lacs:
• Co-obligation of parents
• No security
- Above Rs. 4 lacs and up to Rs.7.50 Lacs:
• Co-obligation of parents together with collateral security
in the form of suitable third party guarantee.
- Above Rs. 7.50 lacs:
• An equitable mortgage of landed property or any other tangible security is mandatory.
|Head office||Administration Department, Head Office, Tilak Marg, Jaipur |
|Apply for Loan||Click Here|
SBBJ Student Loans FAQs
Q1. Who can be my co-borrowers?
Ans. Your parents/guardian can be a co-borrower as well as the spouse in case of a married applicant. The co-borrower should have a steady source of income and a good credit history in order to improve the applicant’s chances of a successful loan application.
Q2. How long does it take to process Education Loan?
Ans. Generally, the time taken for the education loan to process is somewhat between 7-10 working days. Often, the whole process can be easily completed within 3 to 5 Working days, once the student fulfils all documentation.
Q3. What all expenses will be covered by education loans?
Ans. Apart from the tuition fees, other aspects of expenses such as hostel charges, equipment purchases and other course-related expenses may also be covered by the education loan.
Q4. What are the courses for which an education loan can be availed?
Ans. An education loan can be availed for all courses recognized by the UGC in case of India and all regular courses abroad. Each lender has its own list of educational institutions and courses that they would provide a loan for whether overseas or within India.
Q5. Can a student avail another loan for further studies?
Ans. Yes, this is possible. You can borrow a loan for a bachelor’s degree followed by one for master’s without repaying the first loan. This loan can be taken as a top-up loan against the already existing loan; however, it is subject to the lending bank’s discretion and the internal rules and regulations of the lender.
Q6. Do education loans have any Income Tax benefits?
Ans. Loan borrowers can avail tax benefits on interest paid on education loan under Sec 80E of the Income Tax Act. This benefit is available over and above the Rs. 150,000 deduction allowed under Section 80C. Tax benefits can be availed once the borrower starts paying the interest on the education loan. Further, the deduction is available until the borrower pays off the full interest amount on the loan or for a maximum period of 8 years, whichever is earlier.
Q7. Why do banks require an insurance policy?
Ans. Banks usually prefer that students avail a life insurance policy equivalent to, or more than, the loan amount. The policy acts as a security feature and forms a part of the collateral. In case of the untimely demise of the borrower, the bank recovers the outstanding loan amount from the student’s life insurance policy and the remaining amount, if any, is paid out to the beneficiary of the policy.
Q8. Is any incentive available for a girl student applying for education loan?
Ans. Banks generally provide a 0.5% concession on the applicable education loan interest rate to girl students pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
Q9. Are there any special privileges for students of SC/ST category who avail education loans?
Ans. Yes, eligibility criteria and loan margins on education loan are relaxed for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe students availing education loans in India. The eligibility criteria are lowered from first/second class to pass class for SC/ST category students seeking education loan for graduate and postgraduate studies, while, margin money is sometimes lowered than the regular percentage or nil.
Q10. Where can I avail on State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur education loan?
Ans. The loan is available from all branches in metro/urban areas as well as those having personal banking divisions.
Best of Luck..!!