PMRF May 2019
Read this full post for complete details on Prime Ministers Research fellowship like Application process, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits of Fellowship, Documents needed, Selection Process, contact details and other Important Links associated with the program.
|Deadline||Not yet Disclosed|
|Class / Course||Undergraduate and Post Graduates from IISc, IITs and IISERs.|
|Fellowship Type||Research and|
|Awarded Amount||Rs. 70,000 to 80,000 (Different according to years)|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|Apply Now||Click here|
What is PMRF MAY 2019?
The ‘Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)’ is an ambitious Rs.1650 crore Fellowship program offered by MHRD initially for a period of 7 years beginning in 2018-19. Under this Scheme, students who have completed (in last 5 years) or are in the final year of B. Tech or Integrated M.Tech or M.Sc. in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIITs, with at least 8.0 CGPA, will be offered direct admission in Ph.D programme in the IITs / IISc, after going through the selection process. According to sources, a maximum of 3000 Fellows would be selected in a three year period through this Fellowship program.
Students who will get selected in PMRF MAY 2019 Scheme will be offered a fellowship of Rs.70,000/- per month (for the first two years), Rs.75,000/- per month (for the 3rd year), and Rs.80,000/- per month (in the 4th and 5th years). Apart from this, a research grant of Rs.2.00 lakh will be provided to each of the Fellows for a period of 5 years to cover their foreign travel expenses for presenting research papers.
- Applicant must have completed or pursuing four (or five) year undergraduate or five years integrated M.Tech or five years integrated M.Sc. or five-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IIEST/IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs and centrally funded IIITs.
- Applicant must have secured at least CGPA/CPI of 8.0 (in the scale of 10.0). For applicants in five years integrated or dual degree programs if separate CGPAs/CPIs are awarded for UG and PG parts of the program then the CGPA/CPI of UG part (first four years) will be considered.
- Must have completed the required academic qualification in the last five year.
- Candidate will be selected only if he/she sets under the eligibility criteria of the Scheme
- For each Subject area, the selection committee constituted by the National Institute will select a candidate after the interview.
- The allocation of the Institute for the doctoral study would be done by the selection committee, Keeping in View the choices of the selected candidates and the availability of academic and other infrastructure.
- An Appropriate procedure will be developed by the IITs/IISc/IISERs for selection of the candidates and linking them to potential guides.
- Applicant visit the official Website Click Here
- Find the apply now button/Link (Link will be available from February 2019).
- Fill the required details and submit the application form.
- Application Form
- Passport size photos
- Marksheet of the last Qualification.
Important Links to Follow
Information given by us is correct at our level still, if you want to read detail information about the fellowship program kindly click on the links given below. Links will also redirect you to apply page.
|Online Application Link||Apply online link|
|Official Website||Official website|
|Download Guidelines in pdf:||Click Here|
|Head Office||Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad Kandi, Sangareddy – 502285 Telangana, INDIA|
General FAQ’s on Fellowship
We hope that the information furnished above will guide you to get the best out of the Prime Ministers Research Fellowship Scheme. In case of any doubt regarding the application procedure and other related terms, read our FAQ’s session.
Que. What is the Fellowship?
Ans: Fellowship is termed to a community of interest, activity, feeling, or experience and a company of equals or friends. As a verb, to fellowship simply means to spend time with that community or company. Fellowships are only provided as status nothing more, no salary, no financial aid, just status.
Que. What is the difference between Scholarship and Fellowship?
Ans: “Scholarships” are available from the very early stage of academic career. Even before University career and undergraduate studies one may apply for a “scholarship” in the school but fellowships are not available for that stage. The same is true for undergraduate studies. All “financial aid” available for undergraduate students in the University is called “scholarship” and only in rare cases when related to research activities it may be called “fellowship”.
Que. What is an Internship?
Ans: An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. The term Internship is now used for a wide range of placements. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field.
Que. What are my chances to win the X, Y and Z Fellowship?
Ans: Many factors influence the success or failure of any fellowship application. Before applying for a particular fellowship, Keep in mind that many criteria are broadly defined and highly contextual. Carefully consider the criteria for selection as well as the mission of that fellowship. If you feel that you meet the criteria for an award, work hard on the application, bearing in mind that most fellowships are very competitive.
Que. Number of working hour in Fellowship?
Ans: In a Fellowship, one has to work at least 8 to 10 hours a day, usually 6 days a week.
Best of Luck..!!