Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019 Scheme for North Eastern Region is being provided by the University Grants Commission. The scheme is famous for promoting higher education and encouraging children belonging to the economically weaker section of the NE region. The “Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme” for North Eastern Region was started from the academic session 2014-15.
Read this full post to full information about the Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region Central Scheme like Important Dates, Documents Needed, How to apply, Benefits, etc.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region Central Scheme|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grants Commission|
|4.||Application begins||Not yet closed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||Open till 31-10-2019|
|6.||Official Website||Click here|
|7.||Guideline Pdf||Click here|
|8.||Application form||Click here|
- Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called
for during the year 2017-18.
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in universities / Colleges / Institutions recognized.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme Benefits
The student will be given money for education Rs.5400/- per month for the general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum using courses, such as
Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of the degree.
- Must is required Income certificate.
- Must is required Resident proof.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
How to Apply
- The first applicant has to start an application online on the official website Click Here
- Click New user register option button Click here
- Read all the guideline for Registration on National Scholarship Portal carefully, then click on the Continue option Button.
- Then Fill in all the required information carefully and click on the Register option button.
- While register then click on the login button for Login
- Finally, fill in all required information carefully then click on the login button option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
A. No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.
Q. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme.
A. Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is not equal or more than Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under the ambit of the scheme.
Q. Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate along with the online application form.
A. Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
Q. Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
A. Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards of NER are eligible to apply?
Q. Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
A. No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
Q. Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
A. No. The scheme is applicable for students of the first-year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply:-
Q. Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
A. Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. The awardee will, however, draw scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
Q. Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
A. Yes. However, the awardee will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first-degree programme.
Q. Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
A. Yes. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch, BTech etc.)
Q. Is there a difference is the amount of scholarship payable to the awardees? How will payments be regulated?
A. Yes. There are two amounts of scholarship payable to the awardees? Rs.5400/- p.m. for general degree courses viz. BA, BSc., BCom,.BMS, BBA etc. and Rs.7800/- p.m. for other courses viz.technical, professional, medical, paramedical courses etc. The number of scholarship payments will be determined according to the verification provided by the institution at the time of applying.
Q. Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
A. No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.
Q. Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?
A. No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or term end examinations of the course.
Q. Will the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship.
A. No these categories of students will not be considered for award of scholarship.
Q. Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
A. No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship.
Q. Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?
A. No. Students can only apply online on the NPS (www.scholarships.gov.in) during a particular time as displayed on the website.
Q. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
A. Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Q. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
A. Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Q. If the required G.P.A. is different than I have, should I still apply?
A. No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Q. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
A. Most scholarships are awarded based on merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Q. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
A. This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that allow you to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find the money for college, you have to create your success by committing the time and brainpower necessary to achieve your goal.
Best of Luck…!!