The University Grants Commissions has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child intending to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels. The UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 is especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
The UGC SGC Scheme applies only for Non-Professional courses at postgraduate level to the students who have taken admissions in a Regular, Full-Time Master Degree course in any recognized University/ Institution or a Post-Graduate College.
Read this full post to full information about Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child like Application Process, Eligibility, Important Dates, Documents, Benefits etc.
UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grants Commissions|
|4.||Application begins||Not Disclosed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||Coming Soon|
|6.||Application form||Click here (Coming Soon)|
|7.||Official Website||Click here|
- Any single girl child, being the only child of her parents, is eligible to apply for the PG scholarship scheme. The scheme applies to such a single girl child who has taken admission to the first-year master’s degree programmes.
- The age of the girl student should not exceed 30 years at the time of admission.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- 3,000 fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
- The awardee can avail of other scholarship also during the tenure of this scholarship.
- The scholarship is providing for every girl Rs.36,200/- p.a. for two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in place of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- The scholarship will be awarded to 3,000 students per year.
- Student Must be required Income certificate and Caste certificate.
- Proof of admission required.
- Must be required bank account details of the institution and the student.
- Fee structure of the program required.
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student
- Student Identity card
- An affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the parents/girl duly attested by the SDM/ First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar) mentioning that she is the only child in the family.
How to Apply?
- Firstly, Applicants must visit the official website. To visit Click Here
- Click on the new user registration button. Click here
- Read all the guideline carefully for Registration on National Scholarship Portal, then click on the Continue option Button.
- Then Fill in all the required information carefully and click on the Register option.
- After registration then click on the login button for Login
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the
- Change in course of study will not be permitted. If the awardee changes the
a course of study, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the pattern of assistance
through UGC/Canara Bank portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Whether the candidate has to select “scholarship” or “incentive” in the type of scholarship for applying under the scheme?
A. The candidate has to opt for “incentive” to be able to apply under the scheme.
Q. Whether a girl child with a brother in the family is eligible to be considered under the scheme for award of scholarship.
A. No, an only single girl child is eligible to apply under the scheme. However, twin/ fraternal daughters are eligible to apply under this scheme.
Q. Whether a candidate who was within 30 years of age during admission to PG course but has crossed this limit at the time of application be eligible to be considered.
A. The candidate applying under the scheme can apply if she is below 30 years of age as on the last date of the application too.
Q. Can a single girl child pursuing post-graduation through distance mode apply under the scheme?
Q. After selection, is the awardee entitled for hostel fee reimbursement/ HRA or medical expenses?
A. No. The awardee is only entitled to a scholarship amount. No HRA/contingency/hostel fee or medical expenses are admissible.
Q. Are the awardees eligible for a waiver of tuition fee or its reimbursement?
A. No. Tuition fee reimbursement is not permitted. However, it is expected from the institutions where a student has taken admission in the first year PG course, no tuition fees will be charged by the institute from girl students to pursue PG degree course in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
Q. Can students of second-year post-graduation apply under the scheme?
A. No. The candidates who are pursuing first-year postgraduate courses only can apply under the scheme.
Q. Can the awardee avail of any other scholarship scheme during the tenure of this award?
A. Yes. This scheme can be availed with any other scholarship scheme as this is an incentive.
Q. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
A. Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Q. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
A. Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Q. If the required G.P.A. is different than I have, should I still apply?
A. No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Q. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
A. Most scholarships are awarded based on merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Q. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
A. This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that allow you to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find the money for college, you have to create your success by committing the time and brainpower necessary to achieve your goal.
- Meghalaya Umbrella Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Student
- Tripura OBC Post-Matric Scholarship 2019: Apply Now!
- Uttrakhand Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority
- Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
Best of Luck…!!